Thursday, September 4, 2014

I fell down!

I fell down! But, unlike Jack, my crown was not broken as I did not have one.

I walk & Jog in the morning in vicinity of my house. I use an Android app that automatically shares my workout on Facebook. On a good day there are two auto-posts, one each for morning & evening. And rarely I post, myself, anything else on my FB wall. Thus my FB wall is full of these auto-messages of workouts. Many of my Facebook friends might have stopped following me because of auto-messages of my workouts. And not surprisingly, I rarely get any like for these workouts. Inspite of all these I am not sure what makes me continue auto-sharing of my workouts!

It was a morning time as usual (& as I do not use Alarm to wake up my workout timings vary widely). First KM of brisk walk followed jogging for 1 KM then brisk walking again for one KM brings me to final LAP of one KM of Jogging.

I was in my final lap of jogging. It was rectangle made from wire loop (might be for construction work) lying on the side of road. It was big enough to accommodate my shoe & I successfully put my shoe there. It sounds similar to put my foot in my mouth but I knew that idiom afterwards!

For reason not known to me till date, that rectangular wire got attracted & hence attached to my left leg but at the same time my right leg did not like that & it tried to put that rectangular wire down. So, my left leg wanted to carry the wire but right leg wanted to put it down. They say our brain is quick but it was not quick enough to take decision on which of my leg was ‘Right’ ! I mean if my left leg was ‘Right’ (in carrying the rectangular wire with it) or my right leg was ‘Right’ in putting it down!

I think finally brain withdrew from the quarrel & my legs decided to take arbitration from my hands & I was on all four!

I was back up & completed remaining part of my last lap with wounded legs & elbow.

I continued my evening workout but needless to say at slower pace for next 3 days & wounds were healing. I was eagerly waiting for few more days to pass & I can start my workouts. But…

It was Saturday afternoon & I suddenly find it uneasy to move my left hand. I was getting shooting pain in my ribs when I try to move my left hand. It became worse. I passed Saturday & Sunday with acute pain when I get into some specific postures. With help of friend & Internet I found ribs can get bruised or fractured. It takes 4 to 6 week to recover & it is recommended to wear Rib Belt!

I am recovering...less pain now :). I thought, if God gives pain and strength to bear that pain along, then the pain is not painful!

I am missing my workouts badly! I miss my tired & slightly painful legs, perspired body, breathlessness, my workouts!

I learnt “Health is wealth” in a hard way!

No comments:

Post a Comment